Reading Comprehension Box 1 - Age 7-8
A great resource for KS2. Incorporates 3 levels of comprehension questions in a multiple-choice format and assesses 12 different comprehension skills. Separate answer cards allow the pupils to work and progress at their own rate and keep a record for their own and the teacher's reference.
Each box contains 150 colourfully illustrated A4 cards with texts covering a variety of genres, 15 colour-coded sections with 10 cards in each section, answer cards and a teacher’s guide.
Reasons to Love:
• This pack is aimed at confident, independent readers, and would support children who are working towards the Greater Depth standard
• The children can work independently through the comprehension cards, and mark their own work using the answer cards in the back of the box
• Included in the pack is answer sheet for the multiple choice questions and an individual assessment sheet, which quickly allows the teacher to assess The child’s needs, and move them onto an easier/harder section
• The cards feature a variety of fiction and non-fiction text types and cover a range of topics linked to other areas in the
• The teacher guide offers supportive information about different question types and comprehension strategies, along with mini-posters to support key teaching points, which can then be added to display as a reminder