Magnetic High Frequency Words - Set 5
Embed the spelling and pronunciation of high frequency words with these magnetic tiles in handwriting font. Arranged in 4 lists of ascending difficulty (Set 2 to Set 5), the packs contain the most-used words in early reading and writing, including common but tricky spellings.
Phase 2, 3, 4 and 5
• Teach and practise high-frequency words
• Teach and practise reading high-frequency words
• Learn to spell and practise high-frequency words
• There are 100 common words that recur frequently in much of the written material young children read and that they need when they write.
• Children should be given lots of practice with sounding and blending the decodable high-frequency words so that they will be able to read them ‘automatically’ as soon as possible. They also need practice with reading the tricky (common exception) words, paying attention to any known letter–sound correspondences.
• Children should be able to spell most of the 100 high-frequency words accurately during the course of Phase Five.
By the end of Phase 5:
read automatically all the words in the list of 100 high-frequency words;
accurately spell most of the words in the list of 100 high-frequency words;