If ordering school supplies is the bane of your daily SBM life, taking up far too much of your time and energy, then Smart Ordering by GLS Educational Supplies might just be the solution you’ve been waiting for.
A set of online tools that link your school’s FMS with the GLS website, making it quicker and easier to get orders signed off, Smart Ordering transforms a school’s office with a smarter way of purchasing. Gone are the days of hand-written notes, rekeying orders and typing in individual product codes.
Informed by, and created for SBMs, Smart Ordering has been designed to help save SBMs time and their schools money by streamlining and simplifying the whole procurement process to make buying school supplies faster, smoother and more affordable. It can give you up to an hour of admin time back each day via it’s five core time-saving features:
- Smart Connect – a feature that links a school’s financial management system directly with our website, making it quicker and easier to get orders signed off.
- Quick Order - SBMs can quickly create a basket by simply uploading a spreadsheet containing all the codes for every item needed.
- Repeat Order - users can recreate previous baskets in just one click.
- Share Basket - allow colleagues to request the items they need by shopping on the site and then emailing over their basket.
- Wishlists - SBMs and their team can save items and multiple lists on the site for later.
Does this sound a bit technical? It’s not, it’s really similar to how online shopping works on most retail sites. Most of the SBMs we work with find that once they’ve seen Smart Ordering in action, they can instantly see how the solution could save them time and their school money. In fact, 10,536 schools have saved £2,074,168 using Smart Ordering since it launched in September 2017.
To make sure that busy SBMs up and down the UK get to see how Smart Ordering could work for them, the GLS team is hitting the road this autumn. You will find us at the following events, where we will be giving live demonstrations:
Event Location Date
- MATs Summit Brighton Oct 11-12th
- Schools North East Summit Newcastle Oct 11th
- National Site Staff Conference Gloucester Oct 11th
- Association of Business Leaders in Educ. Nottingham Oct 11th
- Kingston & Richmond Cluster Group London Oct 12th
- London Plus SBMs Event Fulham Oct 15th
- LASBM Regional East Accrington Oct 18th
- Birmingham Schools Conference Birmingham Oct 23rd
- Innovate my School London Nov 8th
Make sure you come visit our stand and come and see why thousands of SBMs have already made the switch to Smart Ordering.
We look forward to seeing you there.
Find more information here